Tot Town Daycare
Voted “Best Place to be Abandoned by Your Parents” by Ski Canada Magazine, the Tot Town Daycare is ideal for the pre-ski child, or for the child who does not wish to ski the whole day. Each day at Tot Town Daycare Centre is unique, exciting and filled with activities and adventures. Children will have the time of their lives with a mixture of indoor play and (weather permitting) outdoor activities.
Ski Canada rates our centre as the “Best Resort Feature for Kids in Canada” and the UK’s London Daily Mail rated us as one of the top five in the world! Big White is the ultimate kids’ playground, a fun and safe environment featuring wide open runs, perfect for learning new skills that can get your children up and around the resort.
Enrollment available for children aged 18 months to 5 years old.
Our warm and friendly facility is fully licensed and staffed by experienced child care providers.
All staff complete a criminal record check and child development training to meet our high standard of child care. With a variety of programs, there is something for everyone from a full day or half day of supervised care with exciting indoor and outdoor activities to a full day with a private or group lesson.
With a “learn through play” attitude, we allow many opportunities for exploration within a safe environment.
There is something for everyone from a full day or half day of supervised care with exciting indoor and outdoor activities to a full day with a private or group lesson.
|Hourly||Half Day||Full Day||5 Half Days Package||5 Full Days Package|
Why not add a lesson? Check out our Day Care Plus Program
We know how much fun it can be to have someone pull you around in a sled while the snowflakes are falling on your face so we have a limited supply of toboggans for rent.
|No Charge (*$20 cash deposit required)|
Kids can enjoy a tummy warming lunch that's created specially for them by our very own Kid’s Centre Cooks.
Served with Baked Potato Wedges & Salad
Served with Peas & Crusty Bread
Chicken Salad or Ham & Cheese Wraps
Served with Sandwiches & Salad
Served with Salsa, Sour Cream & Tortilla Chips
Tuna Pasta Bake
Served With Garlic Bread & Salad
What to Bring
What to Bring
We've taken the guess work out of packing for daycare. Check out our list of what to pack for your kids to ensure they have everything they need for the day.
For a successful day at Tot Town Daycare, we ask that you bring the following items in a labelled bag:
- Suitable outdoor clothing - jacket, snow pants, gloves or mittens, hat and winter boots.
- Spare change of indoor clothes – shirt, pants, underwear, socks.
- Diapers and wipes (if necessary).
- Bottles and milk (if necessary).
- Special items for rest time such as a blanket or soft toy.
- If your child has special dietary requirements, please feel free to contact us to ensure we are able to meet these requirements. If we are unable to, you are welcome to bring food for your child providing it is nut free.
What to Expect
What to Expect
Each and every day is filled with fun activities so you can rest assured that everything is fine and enjoy your ski day with total piece of mind.
|8:30am:||Kids Centre Opens|
|8:30am - 9:30am:
Drop off and welcoming
|9:45am:||Morning Daycare Plus group lesson (4+ years)|
|10:00am:||Morning snack time|
10:30am - 11:30am:
||Afternoon Private Daycare Plus lesson
|1:00pm:||Rest or nap time|
|1:15pm:||Afternoon Daycare Plus group lesson (4+ years)|
Quiet free play
|3:15pm:||Afternoon snack time|
|4:00pm:||Kids Centre closes|
Day Care Plus Program
We are excited this year to again offer our youngest “wannabe” skiers the chance to have daycare and learn to ski at the same time.
During the Daycare Plus Program, children get the caring and individualized attention, crafts, snacks/lunch, and the all important nap time offered by our Tot Town, as well as a 1 hour private lesson (2 years or older) or a 2-hour group lesson (3 years or older).
- Full day of daycare
- Indoor play
- Either a 1-hour private or 2-hour group ski lesson depending on the age of the child
|Daycare Plus||Daycare Plus 5-Day Package|
*Rental gear is not included in the price and can be arranged though the Kids' Centre in advance.
- Half day sessions are from 8:30am-11:30am OR from 1pm-4pm
- Full day Sessions are from 8:30am-4pm
- No drop-ins 11:30-1pm
Tips for Parents
Before You Arrive
- Ensure that they are well rested, have eaten breakfast or lunch, and have recovered from jet lag.
- Bring them dressed warmly and ready to ski or snowboard.
- Don't worry about tears! Our instructors are caring and trained to help calm the fears of your child.
Weather conditions can change rapidly. Please ensure that your child is equipped with the following and that all belongings are labeled:
- Neck warmer
- Goggles and/or sunglasses depending on the weather
- Waterproof & insulated mittens, gloves, jacket and pants
- Long underwear and turtleneck
- Warm dry socks
- Label everything with your child's first and last name
Your Child's Day
- Your child will spend their lesson with their instructor and group sliding, learning, playing and exploring.
- If your child has special dietary requirements please let our Ski School Team know when you make the reservation and again when you arrive to drop them off.
- Please be aware that we try to operate "nut free" facilities so we please do not pack any nut products should you choose to pack your own lunch or snack.
- Actual time on snow will vary depending on weather conditions the groups ability and stamina. Some groups will take a quick 30 minute lunch with no breaks and others, usually those who are at the early stages of learning to slide on snow and those groups with younger children, will take more frequent breaks throughout the day to rest and recuperate.
- Please keep in mind that children learn at different rates and that your child's overall enjoyment of their time at the Kids' Centre and on the mountain is most important.
Hourly Daycare Drop In Seasons Pass:
Includes: Supervised hourly daycare up to a maximum of 40 hours per month (hours limited due to licensing restrictions). Children 18 months to 5 years of age may be dropped off during the day, space permitting. Guaranteed daily placement requires purchase of regular daycare product and reservation to be made at time of purchase.